Monday, July 28, 2008

CONTEST WINNER - White Ninja - Poster Contest!!!



OK so - there were a lot of great responses but the winner is: Chris!!!
Chris please send an email to hero.design@mac.com - and tell us what poster you would like and where we should send it. Please make "White Ninja Contest" the subjectline.

And here is the winning story:
It was a tuesday. I was sitting outside the Allen/Medical Campus metro rail station when she must've passed behind me, not making a single sound. I turned to look and see what it was, as I had almost felt her presence, a shiver running up my spine as though she was some sort of supernatural, ethereal being. I felt the urge to confront her, but before I knew it she was leaping up the side of a building like a monkey wrapped in toilet paper. I followed suit in a graceful manner Ang Lee would've been proud of. The chase went on for what seemed like a millenia, until finally I managed to catch up to her, as she had gotten one of her pant(?)legs caught on one of those cool spinning vent top things. You know what I'm talking about. Anyways, I pinned her down and demanded she tell me her story, in case I needed to know it for some sort of dumb contest in the future. Stunned by both my question and my brilliant looks, she replied with a story I shall never forget.

"I am the last of a lost tribe of underground, sewer-dwelling people. We were a proud race, a people who were able to creep around through the dirt and much running underneath the city without ever getting our pure-white clothing stained. But one day, the other dwellers of the sewers, called the Crazies (not to be confused with the similar sewer-people of Escape from New York, but surprisingly similar) decided to wage a war on us. They came forth, flinging mud and slime and pestilence. We tried to fight them off, but there was just too much to block off, and one by one we fell, our stained outfits leaving us in shame and eventual death due to mud poisoning. I was the only one who escaped unscathed. Now, I spend my days above ground, blending in as well as anyone as mummified in such garb as mine could. And here I shall always be."

And before I knew it, she was gone. That story I have shared with only this board now, because it has been the only place available to share it with at this point. But some day, I believe that there will be comics, books, films, and a TV miniseries based on this absolutely true, non-fictional tale that definitely happened.

No comments: